The Dynamic Luxury Infrared Sauna
Thiis is the full review of the Dynamic Luxury 2 Person Infrared Sauna. With pictures and videos to help you decide if it’s one of the best saunas today!
- Full 2 Person capacity
- Exterior dimensions (WDH): 48″ x 46″ x 77″ (roof overhang: add 6″)
- Interior dimensions (WDH): 44″ x 42″ x 68″
- Interior and exterior LED control panel
- Radio w/CD and MP3 auxiliary connection
- Natural hemlock wood construction
- Electrical service: 120V/15amp
- Exterior ambient lighting
- Clasp together assembly
- 6 Carbon-Tech heaters
- Interior reading/chromotherapy lighting system
- Bronze tinted glass
- Tempered glass door
- Roof vent
- Sauna weight: 360 lbs.
- Shipping weight: 435 lbs.
- Ships in 3 boxes
The Dynamic “Luxury” 2 Person Low EMF FAR Infrared Sauna (WS-GDI-6272-01) from Golden Designs, Inc, offers one of the most complete 2 Person sauna options out there today.
It is a known fact that sauna usage is known to promote health benefits and having one at your fingertips will offer you flexibility, and privacy factors which you won’t’ get at your local gym or spa.
For this review, we’ll cover the details for the Dynamic “Luxury” 2 Person Low EMF FAR Infrared Sauna (WS-GDI-6272-01). We have spent on average 45-to 60-minute sessions 3 times a week for the past few months of usage.
Packaging and Shipment
The Dynamic “Luxury” Infrared Sauna (WS-GDI-6272-01) took approximately three weeks to arrive from the day the order was placed. Dynamic “Luxury” Infrared Sauna (WS-GDI-6272-01) arrived on a freight truck in three large boxes. The boxes are heavy and will require a minimum of two people.
The Dynamic “Luxury” Infrared Sauna (WS-GDI-6272-01) was packaged very nicely, including the boxing which was thick enough to absorb any damages during transport. Each large piece was carefully wrapped in plastic bubbles and styrofoam blocks.
The Dynamic “Luxury” Infrared Sauna (WS-GDI-6272-01) arrived with all the parts needed for assembly, which took nearly 3 hours. The most difficult part was pressing down each large pane, so it’s leveled and flush, and more challenging was the final pane. Make sure you read the instructions carefully to put the panes in the correct order.
The clamps to keep the panes together can be tough to close. They broke while attempting to close them and few arrived in bad condition. However, the manufacturer (Golden Designs, Inc) customer service was very responsive and easy to work with. A simple email describing the issue prompted them to send replacement parts.
Now while securing the clamps, make sure the large panes sit on top of the flooring with no gaps to be able to close them. It may take several attempts, but once secured, the walls are very stable.
Performance and Construction Quality
The Dynamic “Luxury” Infrared Sauna (WS-GDI-6272-01) is made of 100% Canadian Hemlock wood. The Canadian Hemlock wood with 6 mm both interior and exterior wood planks, with a 1.75-inch inner frame. Based on their advertisement, the walls are 40% thicker than other sauna brands. Now in comparison with the Radiant sauna, which was reviewed, that claim seems justifiable. It’s also warp resistance and has antimicrobial properties.
There is a nice aroma smell from the wood, and efficient in retaining the heat. The Dynamic “Luxury” Infrared Sauna (WS-GDI-6272-01) was beautifully built and approximately 400 pounds so it is solid, and sturdy.
The Hemlock wood is that it’s soft, when tightening the screws, you want to be careful to not over tighten or you will crack the wood.
One thing to note, is that the wood will eventually settle, especially after usage where you may hear and notice the wood splitting. I’ve reached out to Golden Designs, and they’ve confirmed it’s normal for the wood to do that from expansion and settling. They also stated that this should not cause any alarms and should settle down. We’ll continue to monitor the situation and update this article should any new updates arise. Here are some photos, showing the cracks.
The Dynamic “Luxury” Infrared Sauna (WS-GDI-6272-01) include six carbon heaters, which 1 is on the floor and 1 is under the bench. The other four heaters are on the back and sides. Photo shows the heaters but note that the back rest does not come with the sauna and may be purchased separately.
In the advertisement, the Dynamic “Luxury” Infrared Sauna (WS-GDI-6272-01) was rated at 140 degrees as the maximum temperature. However, as you can see, the sauna was able to reach and max out at 151 degrees after 45 minutes or so. After 30 minutes, the sauna will hover consistently between 130 to 135 degrees.
The floor and bench heaters are rated at 200 watts, so it’s a bit lower heat output. I would have much preferred it to be 300 watts like the rest of the heaters for an even output.
Unlike some of the other saunas, where 60 minutes was the maximum value, the Dynamic “Luxury” Infrared Sauna (WS-GDI-6272-01) allows up to 90 minutes to be set. Once the time has expired, the sauna will automatically turn off.
The LED control panel is accessible on both sides, in and outside. This made it very convenient to adjust the temperature and lighting. It’s very intuitive and simple to use.
Exterior Ambient Lighting
There are lights placed right under the doorway which gives the Dynamic “Luxury” Infrared Sauna extra jazz. They can be turned on or off through the control panel.
Interior reading/chromotherapy lighting system
One of the coolest things about the Dynamic “Luxury” Infrared Sauna is the chromotherapy light setup. As you can see from the photos, there are many different colors available, 10 to be exact. The lighting can be dimmed or brighten for your reading pleasure.
ThatGuyReviews on YouTube
Articles that you might be interested in
- Ring 2 Video Doorbell Review for one of the hottest tech gadgets in the market today!
- Peat Moss in Eye?! Check out what to do when that happens!
- Treadmill Display Rebooting IFit – having trouble with the Ifit screen keeps rebooting?
- How to Prepare for Coronavirus (COVID-19) Quarantine: Shopping List
- ACUVUE OASYS® vs ACUVUE® MOIST – Comparison – Which is better for you?
- Types of Teas and their Health Benefits – Find out which is the best tea for your health!
- Pop-A-Shot Dual Basketball Review– an excellent choice for home arcade basketball fans!
- How to Stop Hair Loss, Receding Hairline and Balding
- Radiant Sauna Review BSA2400
- Ironmaster Super Bench Adjustable Weightlifting Bench REVIEW
- 2Fit® Heavy Duty Sweat Suit Sauna Exercise Gym Suit – REVIEW
- SolarPro Best Solar Pool Heater Review
Seating Bench: 1 13/32” H x 3′ 8 13/32” W x 1′ 6 3/32” D
The bench is about 18” deep, and 33” wide, which is enough room for two average size adults who will be knee-to-knee. For most home saunas advertising for 1-2 persons will have similar dimensions. Aside from not be able to have much wiggle room for two people, the bench is sturdy. For 1 person, you can at least put your feet up on the bench when turning to your side.
Radio w/CD, SD and MP3 auxiliary connection
The audio system that came with the Dynamic “Luxury” Infrared Sauna (WS-GDI-6272-01) sounded great. There were two speakers that accompanied the setup. With a few dollars, you can save plenty of music on an SD card or you can use the CD player or radio. The control panel was very simple and easy to use. There’s also an AUX cable to connect your phone.
There were some initial concerns regarding the lack of heat output from the bench and flooring, and broken belt clamps. While reaching out to Golden Designs, Inc for assistance, they were very helpful, professional and friendly.
All our inquires and concerns were quickly addressed which was a relief. They were even willing to send us replacement parts even if they didn’t think it was defective just to ensure we’re happy with their products.
When you’re spending your hard earn money on such an expensive product, it is important your investment’s protected.
Golden Designs customer service is top-notch, and they care about their customers as well as stand by their product. I would not hesitate to purchase another Golden Design product simply because I know if there was anything wrong, they would back me up.
Golden Designs customer service email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in purchasing the Dynamic Sauna?
The Dynamic “Luxury” Infrared Sauna is a quality sauna, and a bit more on the pricier side for a 2-person carbon heater setup. The installation was very simple, just required a bit of muscle and sweat. The control panel and controller were intuitive. The carbon heater performed very well increasing up to 151 degrees after 45 minutes or so. This is normal as other ceramic or carbon heater would need at least 30 minutes to warm-up. The voltage and power required seemed standard.
Overall, the Dynamic “Luxury” Infrared Sauna receives a 4.7 out of a 5 rating.
Two areas where I think could have made this a 5-star sauna are:
- The bench heater could be stronger at 300-watts (not 200). At minimal, Golden Designs could have offered a 300-watt heater for purchase. Unfortunately, I have already asked and there are none that would fit the bench area.
- Update, 6/30/20: After having used the sauna for a few months now, the best results is when the sauna reaches 130 degrees or higher. The suggestion above could have helped, but this does not have no bearing on the quality. Most infrared saunas would have similiar situation.
- The cracks in the wood. Apparently, Golden Design explained it was the wood settling. We’ll monitor and see how if this worsen.
- Update, 4/27/20: It has been 3 months, and the cracks has NOT worsen.
- Update, 6/30/20: I’m happy to report no change.
The customer service experience really hit home for us. We know our investment is protected and looking forward to use the Dynamic “Luxury” Infrared Sauna.
EMF Testing Results
The Dynamic Luxury Sauna is advertised to be a Low-EMF sauna.
I had purchased a EMF tester from Amazon for about $20 and turns out that the EMF readings were dangerously high! In the 50 MG range. I immediately contacted customer service once again after 7 months of usage and their response was that the cheaper EMF readers were faulty and recommended one to use.
- November 28, 2020: I tested with the Trifield EMF Meter Model TF2 reader and it reads on average below 10 mG at about 5-8″+ away. Depending on which heater is tested. The sides were reported a little higher, but if you sit near the center, it’s lower.
I am impressed with their customer service once again. They were very responsive and backed their product up 100%. Another reason why this was a good investment!
Meanwhile, feel free to check out the other Sauna/Spa articles:
Any comments, questions – we love to hear from you!