If suffering from hair loss, balding or receding hairline, there are things you can do now!
Hair loss can be temporary or permanent. Though anyone can lose hair, it’s more common in men. A receding hairline is often the start of balding and there are ways to prevent more hair loss and restore hair growth. Things such as DHT Blocker, Minoxidil, Biotin and protein are all associated with preventing hair loss and rejuvenate hair growth. Let’s take a look at how you can stop a receding hairline and balding.
Disclaimer: We are not medical professionals, and it’s advised that you speak with one for advice. The products listed below are popular and have been proven. However, there are also possible side-effects. This article is assuming you’ve done your due diligence and know all risks associated with anything listed in this article.
Can I Re-grow my Hair after Balding?
Maybe, according to a recent GQ interview with Dr. Francesco Fusco, MD of Wexler Dermatology in NYC.
If a follicle has closed, disappeared, scarred, or not generated a new hair in years, then a new hair wouldn’t be able to grow,” Fusco says. But if the follicle is still intact, yes, it is possible to regrow the hair—or to improve the health of the existing thinner hairs.
With this being said, what are you waiting for?! Keep reading.
The Cause of a Receding Hairline and Balding
It is usually the result of heredity, medical conditions, hormonal changes or just aging. To find the best solution, you need to identify the root cause for your hair loss. If you’re having medical conditions affecting your hair loss, speak to a medical professional.
Heredity Hair Loss (Balding or Receding Hairline)
If your hair loss is due to heredity, you can slow down the process by using Minoxidil or Finasteride. To determine if your hair loss is due to heredity or not, take a visit down your family tree line. If both sides of your parents have hair loss, then it’s a greater chance that you’ll also have hair loss.
Unfortunately, there’s no permanent cure for heredity hair loss. You can slow it down or halt it. The sooner you are able to, the better you’re off.
Aging Hair Loss (Balding or Receding Hairline)
The number one rule is to listen to your body and eat healthy. We also have over-the-counter products that can help. Here are some useful tips:
- Eat more Protein so that you can build healthy hair follicles since it’s made mainly of protein.
- Eating more Iron will help carry oxygen to your hair follicles needed for re-growth.
- Biotin is also part of the vitamin B family and also known vitamin H. Eat more fruits and veggies.
- Loosen up and don’t stress out so much. Stress is a huge factor in hair loss and get plenty of sleep!
- Lastly, don’t forget the hair conditioner! It will help moisturize and prevent hair breakage.
Hormonal Changes Hair Loss (Balding or Receding Hairline)
Popular Topical for Hair Restoration
All of the products listed below are topical for applying to the scalp. Normally you would apply them twice a day by massaging the foam or liquid (serum) into your scalp. These have great reviews and have proven great results.
There are many options available for trying to stop balding, receding hairline and hair loss. Here are the most common and effective solution available. These are natural solutions as well as over-the-counter products that are readily available at your local store.
- DHT Blockers are the most effective hair loss treatment. It will prevent your hair follicles from shrinking and closing. Eating Healthier such as veggies that contain Zinc will help block the production of DHT. Spinach, kale, mushrooms, green peas, beet greens, and sweet corn are natural solutions.
- Minoxidil and Finasteride topical products. Popular hair loss prevention products such as Rogaine are examples of these topical products that you massage into your scalp. Minoxidil are serums and foam help increase hair follicles size, which promotes thicker and stronger hairs. Finasteride decreasing the amount of DHT leads to increased hair regrowth and slower hair loss. They are some times taken together.
- Biotin and Protein are two important aspects of your diet. Biotin improves hair growth and hair quality. Protein is important for hair growth because hair follicles are made of mostly protein.
For more ways to grow your naturally, read: Ways to Naturally Regrow your Hair Home Remedies
Popular Shampoo to Stop Balding
All of the products listed below are topical for applying to the scalp. Normally you would apply them twice a day by massaging the foam or liquid (serum) into your scalp.
My Personal Experience with Hair Loss
I suffered from hair loss for the last few years. Primarily receding hairline and thinning in the front of my head. It would be apparent that it’s from stress and lack of sleep. In addition, many years of using hair products like gel and not taking good care of my scalp. It eventually caught up with me over the years. However, with the help of DHT Blockers, Rogaine, improved diet and more sleep, I was able to restore my hair. It took about four months before it was very obvious. What worked for me may not work for you, but here was my routine.
In four months, I was able to see results with the following regimen.
- Improved my overall diet. Ate more protein, fruits and veggies and avoided fast food like the plague. Drank more water and avoided salty foods was another drastic change in my diet.
- Get more sleep, between 8 to 9 hours a day.
- Find hobbies that helped me relax such as fishing, watching movies and jogging.
- Wash my hair with Pura D’Or Biotin shampoo to promote hair growth and healthier hair follicles.
- Applied Rogaine twice a day for 3 months.
- Took GNC multi-vitamins, Biotin and DHT Blockers.
- Worked out more frequently.
One thing to note, when using Rogaine, I had more acne around the scalp. People may experience the same thing but I felt like it was worth the trade-off.
Popular Solutions to Stop Receding Hairline - For Digestion
There are three supplements that you can take to help with your hair growth and stop hair loss. As mention earlier, DHT Blockers, Biotin and Protein.
Top DHT Blockers
For a more successful solution, people will go with hair transplant. Hair transplants will be more successful than the over-the-counter solutions. The only reason why anyone would avoid a hair transplant is due to it’s cost. Hair transplants can be very expensive and can cost between $4,000 to $15,000. Most insurance companies will consider this a cosmetic procedure and will not cover it. Hair transplants will average about three months before your hair is fully restored, but will also thin out over time in some cases. Though some may experience a permanent solution.
Top Biotin & Vitamin Supplements
For something a bit more expensive than OTC but less than hair implants. You can try laser hair growth systems. It’s simply a helmet that you put on and is a hair loss treatment. Most of them are FDA approved with guarantee hair growth or your money back. If none of the OTC solution is working, you can try these. Most of them have solid reviews with promising results. I personally haven’t used them but stumbled across them during my research.
Learn More: About Laser Cap for Hair Loss
In closing, hair loss is a natural part of life and some suffer more than others. Hopefully, you find this article helpful.
Please feel free to share your experience and share any tips that will help others in the comments section below!
This Post Has 4 Comments
Thanks TGR for this! It definitely helped me gain back some hair. I am glad you wrote this! Thank you again!
Hey Mike, no problem! Glad this helped!
i found this article about hair loss and it helped my husband a lot! thank you!
Hi Sally, glad it helped!