Ironmaster Dumbbell Review
The Ironmaster adjustable dumbbells are the best adjustable dumbbells in the market today!
TGR Rating: 5 out of 5
The 75 lb Set includes a pair of adjustable dumbbells and the Dumbbell Stand
The Ironmaster 75 LB Quick-Lock Dumbbell Set is one of our flagship products and a customer favorite for people looking for premium quality adjustable dumbbells. Our latest generation of this product includes our patented quick lock technology allowing you to adjust the weight of each dumbbell from 5 to 75lbs in 2.5 LB increments in less than 15 seconds! The system also includes the dumbbell stand.
Unparalleled Quality and Realistic Feeling Adjustable Dumbbells
Many adjustable dumbbells suffer from the same set of problems and annoyances. They are cheaply made causing them to break or become non-functioning after a short period of time. Not only is this expensive, it can also be extremely dangerous. People have reported competitors products releasing plates from the dumbbell and causing significant injuries. With Ironmaster, you do not have to worry about this. Our products are guaranteed for life with a no-frills lifetime warranty. Another common complaint of competitor products is that the dumbbells do not feel like a real dumbbell. Our adjustable dumbbells look, feel, and function just like real dumbbells. They are solid and ready to go containing no plastic or fragile components.
Features of the 75lb Ironmaster Adjustable Dumbbells:
- Quick-Lock handle design lets you add or remove plates with just a partial turn of the locking screws! US Patent 7,182,716
- Adjust from 5-75 lbs each in 2.5 lb increments in just seconds. (75 lbs each dumbell = 150 lbs total)
- Set includes two handles with four locking screws, 24 ea. 5 lb plates and 4 ea. 2.5 lb plates.
- The included Stand is very strong and compact. Dimensions are just 14.5″ wide x 19″ deep x 26″ high with rubber leveling feet. The Stand will also hold the 120 lb Add on Kit.
- These adjustable dumbbells lock up tight with no rattling or looseness. They feel just like traditional fixed weight dumbbells and are not restrictive in the ways you can grip them.
- Chrome plated steel handles with knurled grips.
- Heavy Duty – go ahead and drop them. No plastic or fragile parts!
- Lifetime warranty!
- Add-on kit available to go up to 120 lbs each adjustable dumbbell or even a custom Add-on-kit to 165 lbs.
- Dumbbell dimensions are just 6.7″ square x 14.5″ long at the 75lb size and just 9″ long at 20lbs size. Handle grip diameter is 1.25″ and there is 6.5″ grip width inside.
- Weight plates are marked in both LBS and KGS.
Note: If you want the 75 lb Quick-Lock Adjustable Dumbbell set without the included Stand, you can order the 45 lb Set and 75 lb Upgrade Kit
Ironmaster Dumbbell Review
When shopping around for a dumbbell set, it was between the Powerblocks, regular individual dumbbells or the Bowflex SelectTech. After extensive research, I decided to find a dumbbell set that would allow me to workout without compromising too much space. I happen to stumble across the Ironmaster Dumbbell System when browsing the Internet. In this review, I will only focus on the Dumbell System w/ Stand.
Stacking up against Competitors
My comparisons were the results of going to a local Dicks Sporting Good store and seeing what other dumbbells are like including the popular Bowflex SelectTech and Powerblocks. There were a few factors that helped me choose the Ironmaster Dumbbells over the rest of its competitors.
- Aesthetics: The Ironmaster Dumbbells just looked more appealing to me since it wasn’t bulky compared to its competitors. Its design was not bulky and the construction of the equipment was made out of metal oppose to plastic.
- Ease-of-Use: It was very simple to remove the weights and that was a big deal to me. Removing the weights is a huge factor especially when you are trying to stay focus and need minimal disruptions.
- Additional Weight Add-ons: which can go up to 165lbs
- Quality: The quality of construction is pretty solid. When picking up the dumbbells, you can feel it’s made of premium quality material. The knurl grips makes for great handling and balance when working out.
- Space Saver: Unlike the traditional welded dumbbells set, I needed a dumbbell set that would not take up a lot of space so I was in favor of an adjustable dumbbells.
As far as the stand goes, it does what it’s suppose to and serve its purpose. No complaints except that it’s a good addition to store and maintain your dumbbell set. The quality is decent as well.
With the good, comes the bad
Obviously, with almost everything there’s also the bad…what I did not like about the Ironmaster Dumbbells.
- Square shape weights: Understandably this gives it’s uniqueness and I’m a bit old school or probably particular, but much prefer the traditional hex or circle dumbbell ends. It does not impact my workout in any way.
- Price: As you would expect, you would pay a pretty penny for the Ironmaster Dumbbells. Compared to the adjustable dumbbells on the market right now, the Ironmaster Dumbbells are roughly $100 more depending on when and where you buy them.
Shipment and Packaging
Shipping is free at the time of purchase and it was neatly packed in 4 brown cardboard boxes. They arrived undamaged and perfectly packaged. We had little trouble moving the boxes since they were distributed across 4 boxes.
Ironmaster Adjustable Dumbbells Final Thoughts
I was very happy with the purchase and have continued to use them throughout the years with no problem.
Other Products to Consider That Are Similar