TGR Rating: 5 out of 5
Super Strong, Super Versatile, Flat, Incline, Decline, Upright, 11 Angle Bench! 11 lock out angles: Inclines, Declines, Flat and Upright. 0, 5,10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 75, 80 and 85 degrees. Powder coated grey metallic frame with chrome components. 44″x 10″ x 3″ heavy duty pad and stitched vinyl upholstery. Very comfortable. 20″ flat bench height. 17″ x 41″ footprint. The 3 position incline seat fits users of different heights. 1000 lb rated, 11 & 12 gauge super strong steel frame. (600 lb rated for incline/upright positions.) Unique adjustment ring with foot lever adjust operates from both sides and locks up tight! Patented design. Incline seat follows backrest pad at any angle so it will always be perpendicular unlike other benches where the seat can have a shallow angle allowing the user to slide off. Ultra stable strong platform in aII positions yet is easy to lift and move. Does not need wheels. Bench weighs 65 lbs. Accepts a growing list of optional attachments like the Crunch Situp, Dip Bar Handles and Chin Up Bar. Ships pre-assembled except for feet so you can start lifting in just a few minutes.
Quick Product Specifications
- 11 lock out angles: Inclines, Declines, Flat and Upright. 0, 5,10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 and 85 degrees. (We recommend the Crunch Situp attachment for best Decline stability)
1000 lb rated, 11 & 12 gauge super strong steel frame. (600 lb rated for incline/upright positions.)
- Unique bench angle adjustment ring with foot lever adjust operates from both sides and locks up tight! Patented design US 6,994,661.
- Ultra stable strong platform in all positions yet is easy to lift and move. Nothing unfolds when you need to lift or move it. Bench weighs 60 lbs without incline seat and 65 with. (shipping weight 77 lbs.)
- Powder coated frame with chrome components.
- Bench is 44″ long x 18.75″ wide x 20″ high overall dimensions in the flat position (18.75″ x 41″ frame footprint).
- 44” x 10” x 3” thick commercial grade pad and durable stitched vinyl upholstery. Firm and comfortable.
- The 3 position incline seat easily plugs in from the side without any pins. It is tapered so it does not cut into the inside of your legs and you can move the seat up or down for optimum comfort. Seat height from the floor in the upright position is 16″, 14″ or 12″. Backrest pad is 31″ above the seat in the highest position.
- Incline seat follows backrest pad at any angle so it will always be perpendicular unlike other benches where the seat can have a shallow angle allowing the user to slide off.
- The bench accepts a growing list of optional attachments like the Crunch Situp, Dip Bar Handles, Chin Up Bar, Preacher Curl Bar, and Leg Curl and Extension Attachment.
- Ships pre-assembled except for feet so you can start lifting in just a few minutes. Only simple tools are needed to get your bench ready.
- As seen in Muscle and Fitness Magazine® and Men’s Fitness® and countless web sites.
- Designed for the home gym, but built well enough to use for light commercial gyms. Popular with personal trainers for studio use due to the amazing functionality and high level of build quality.
I was shopping around for a very good adjustable bench without going over $400. I had my fair share of experience with the lower-end workbenches in the $75-$150 range and they were too wobbly for me. The goal for this purchase was to do some dumbbell workouts with feeling comfortable and continue to push heavier weights with the proper support.
This workbench is one of the more solid products I’ve used. I have spent years working out, even when I travel I try to make an effort to check out their gym facilities and spend at least an hour. It’s always been fun for me to try out new gym equipment and with that being said, this workbench is pretty decent. It’s roughly in the $300-400 range, and you will at minimal have the satisfaction of stability when working out.
The instructions were very straightforward with easy to follow drawings. Aside from a few nuts (4 to be exact) and bolts, there’s not much to it, the assembly shouldn’t take more than 10-15 minutes.
Quality of Product
The Ironmaster Super Bench is currently the base workbench in my home gym and I would rate it as a light commercial bench due to its quality. I judged it based on the feel of the material, it’s not flimsy or wobbly when in use and it’s not as light weight so I would recommend purchasing the wheel attachments for easy maneuvering. The craftsmanship of the workbench from the seating and adjustment lever is done very nicely. Adjusting the seat and workbench is pretty smooth and effortless making working out more seamlessly. Last thing you want is unnecessary disruption which can throw off your momentum while in the middle of a set. The pad work is pretty firm, but wrapped in quality material.
I was able to do all dumbbell exercises with no problems and even used it on my smith machine as the main base.
One thing worth noting is that I’ve read some reviews regarding that the height of the work bench maybe something to get use to. I personally like it and I can adjust based on how I lay down.
Overall, I rated the Ironmaster Super Bench 5 out of 5 simply due to the quality and it does what I expect it to do. I have owned this product for 4 years now and it’s still in the same condition as I bought it.
Any questions or comments? Leave them below and I’ll gladly follow up!