Playstation Blu Ray Drive stuck and not working
If you’re experiencing issues with your Playstation Blu-Ray drive, I would recommend following these steps to see if it would help resolve the issue before finding replacement, or worse off, abandoning the PS3 completely. Playstation Blu Ray Drive stuck is a common issue once it has some age to it.
The two scenarios that I ran into was:
- The Blu-Ray Drive did not feed the Blu-Ray disc and sit in the slot. It was unresponsive, no matter how many times I pushed the Blu-Ray disc into the drive.
- When the Blu-Ray Drive was powered on, it kept spitting the Blu-Ray disc back out.
Playstation Blu Ray Drive Not Working - The Solution
Step 1: Remove the top cover
You can do this by sliding the top plate towards hard drive bay and lift it out.
Then you will see what’s pictured below. You’ll need a Torx screwdriver, to remove one of the screw.
Torx Screwdriver Opions
Step 3: Locate the power cable on the left side and the ribbon cable located on the bottom of the Blu-Ray Disc Drive
Finally, make sure you look closely and take your fingers to straighten out all the metal pins so it’s all straight. When I removed the cable ribbon, I noticed the corners were bent inwards, and I smooth out the pins so it’s all straight.
Then push it back into the cable slot and closed the black clamp tightly.
Just as a precaution– make sure you ground yourself before touching the circuits. Just like how you would when working on any computer motherboard. This would prevent any static that might short your system and then you’ll have a bigger problem.
You can run a quick test by placing back the lid so you can press the Blu-Ray Disc Eject button.
It took me about three tries of having to straighten the pins on the ribbon cable before the Blu-Ray Drive was working as expected.
If you did not connect the cables correctly, the power would not turn on or there will be no blue light when you press the Blu-Ray Disc Eject button.
Articles You Might Like
- Find an Xbox Series X/S, PS5 Playstation 5!!!!
- Alternative to Apple Airpod! Utaxo Wireless Earphone Review
- Best Massage Chairs $5,000 to $10,000 in 2020
- Aquarium Maintenance
- Bubble in Car Tire
- Sunny Health Step Machine Review (SF-1115)
- How to Fix a Leaking Pool Hose
- Animal Crossing (SWITCH) – ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW!
- The new Nintendo Switch Model
- 2020 TV Buying Guide
- RING Video Doorbell 2 Review
- The RING Video Doorbell vs Ring Video Doorbell 2
- Media Disconnected Error Message on Windows 10 (FIXED)
- TECH KEY USB WiFi Adapter – REVIEW
- KidiBuzz G2 – REVIEW
- RING Doorbell NOT charging hardwired
- Treadmill Display Rebooting IFit
- BEYOND RAW® LIT™ Review
Playstation Blu Ray Drive stuck Final Thoughts
This fix worked for me, obviously, this may not for others. Depending on the situation. Either way, I hope this is helpful. Once I was able to fix the Blu-Ray Disc Drive, it was functioning much better.
Please feel free to leave comments if there are other suggestions or fixes that you’ve found that might be helpful for others!