New switch model and what is it?
If you haven’t heard already, Nintendo has released a new Switch model. The newer Switch model has a few improvements (which you’ll read further down) and we’ll take a closer look at them!
What is Nintendo Switch?
What is Nintendo Switch-Lite?
The Nintendo Switch is a hybrid gaming device which can be either portable or stationary. There are two versions out in the market today, one which was released in 2017 and the latest model which is an upgraded version from the 2017 model.
One other drawback with the Nintendo Switch Lite compared to the regular Nintendo Switch is the amount of games available. While both systems can play the same games, the Nintendo Switch Lite has the controller built-in. Some games may require the Joy-con or Pro controller.
What's the difference between the old & new models of the Nintendo Switch?
The newer Nintendo Switch model will have a much longer battery life. The old model lasted between 2.5 to 6 hours. The new model of Nintendo Switch will last 4.5 to 9 hours. This upgrade will make a difference in your game playing experience.
Ways you can tell the old from the new model
If you look at the bottom of the box, you will notice a see-thru window where you can identify the serial number. The new model will start with “XKW”, whereas, the older model will start with “XAW”.
New Switch Model Final Thoughts
What does this all mean? Well, you can expect Nintendo and retailers alike to start slashing prices for the older Nintendo Switch models. For example, during Black Friday, there were many deals on Nintendo Switch to find out they were all the older models.
Any additional thoughts you’d like to share, please leave a comment below!
Articles You Might Be Interested
- How to Insert Disc XBOX Series X
- Playstation 3 (PS3) BLU-RAY DRIVE CANNOT TAKE DISC
- What is Animal Crossing New Horizons?
- The RING Doorbell does NOT charge
- 2020 TV Buying Guide
- Arcade1Up REVIEWS
- Upper Bounce vs BouncePro vs Jump Pro Trampoline
- Want a Fish pet? Here how you can get started
- Snow Joe SJ625E Model Electric Snow Blower REVIEW
- Arcade1up Drilling Holes in the Plexiglass
- Arcade1Up REVIEWS
- INTEX Easy Set Pool Review
- Concept 2 Rowing Machine Review
- Best Massage Chairs $5,000 to $10,000 in 2020
- NordicTrack®x11i Incline Trainer Review