A Weber Spirit Grills Review - A Great Kabob Grill that can cook BBQ steak, and much more!
The Weber Spirit S-320 review for one of the popular weber grills. It’s great for barbecue, kabob grill, grilling steak, bbq steak and more!
Weber Spirit Grill S-320 Manufacturer Description
- Three stainless steel burners
- Primary cooking area = 507 square inches
- Warming rack area = 130 square inches
- Total cooking area = 637 square inches
- 7mm diameter stainless steel cooking grates
- Stainless steel Flavorizer® bars
- 42,000 BTU-per-hour input main burners
- 12,000 BTU-per-hour input flush-mounted side burner
- Electronic Crossover® ignition system
- Stainless steel shroud with a center-mounted thermometer and accent-colored, cast-aluminum end caps
- Two stainless steel work surfaces
- Enclosed cart with stainless steel doors and stainless-steel handles and accent-colored painted side and rear panels
- Accent-colored painted steel frame
- Six tool hooks
- Two heavy-duty front locking swivel casters
- Two heavy-duty back swivel casters
- Natural gas grill includes a 10-foot flexible hose
Dimensions (with the lid open)
- Height: 64.5 inches
- Width: 60 inches
- Depth: 30 inches
Weber Spirit Grill S-320 Review Introduction
In this Weber Spirit Grill S-320 review, we’ll start with knowing about the Weber brand. The Weber gas grills have been around for a very long time and has been recognized as a leader in barbecue grills. Weber gas grills are known to produce higher quality charcoal, gas and electric grills and accessories. Weber gas grills are often found to be a bit more expensive than the likes of Dyna-Glo, Char-Broil and Nexgrill or similar in price if the other budget grills offers a laundry of more bells and whistles.
We have owned the Weber Spirit S-320 for 3 years. It has cooked everything from bbq steak, grilling steak, barbecue ribs, hot dogs, veggies, burgers, and even great as a kabob grill! This review will be based my experience with the Weber Spirit S-320 model.
Without further ado, let’s start with the details that matter most to people.
There’s nothing unique with the setup for the barbecue Weber Spirit grill. The instructions were detailed enough to follow which should take about 90 minutes to put together. The propane tank and Weber S-320 gas connector is standard.
- 3 stainless steel burners
- Side burner comes in handy which allows for cooking pots and soups
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and flavorized bars
- Electronic Ignition System (GS4 – see description below for more details)
- Wheels swivel and two are lockable for extra stability
- Thermometer is center mounted making it easy to read
- Slide out grease try and catch pan are very helpful
- The parts are easy to remove and clean in the sink
- Propane Tank setup
- 10-year warranty
Ignition and heat retention
The Weber Spirit S-320 is equipped with GS4 grilling system, which is recognized as the “infinity ignition”. With the GS4 grill system includes higher quality burners which drastically improves the ignition ratio. You’ll get quicker and more efficient ignition each time you turn on the grill. The Weber Spirit S-320 performed exceptionally well, and we did not have any issues with the ignition.
The food cooked very well with fast burning temperatures. The GS4 system was a nice addition and well worth the money. The Weber Spirit S-320 was able to reach 350 degrees in matter of minutes compared to other grills we’ve used. The lid was Porcelain-enameled with heavy-duty aluminum end caps and did a solid job retaining the heat which was impressive.
A few technical specs to note:
- 36,000 BTU-per-hour input main burners
- 12,000 BTU-per-hour input, flush-mounted side burner
In comparison with my experience using other grills, this is an area which the Weber Spirit excels in. In recent memory, there grills I’ve used equipped with a six-burner setup, often had trouble with mild-windy conditions to light up. With the Weber Spirit grills that came with the GS4, you shouldn’t have any trouble.
Barbecue Cooking Results
Kabob Grill, Grilling Steak, BBQ Steak and More!
The barbecue Weber Spirit grill was excellent for cooking all kinds of food. Performance wise, and with proper temperature control, the food was always cooked right. Aside from just meat, corn, and asparagus was cooked very quickly and the side burners was a nice added addition. We were able to add soup to the menu as well. One of the challenging food to cook are kabobs since there’s a mix of veggies, and meat. However, this Weber Spirit allow for you to evenly cook the food and is a great kabob grill!
The Weber Spirit S-320 did a very good job maintaining its temperature allowing for food to cook evenly. When cooking greasier foods such as dripping steaks and burgers, you’ll experience smoky flare-ups. This can be managed by being more mindful of how you’re cooking greasier food.
In general, the food was easy to cook and, burgers and chicken were very moist and juicy.
Recommended Weber Spirit Gas Grills
Size and Space
For a three-burner grill, the Weber Spirit S-320 is overall a little smaller than other brands but has a comparable cooking space with a warming rack area.
- Primary cooking area = 424 sq. in.
- Warming rack area = 112 sq. in.
- Total cooking area = 536 sq. in.
In the bottom storage area of the Weber Spirit grill, there’s plenty of space for additional tools and accessories even after the propane is sitting in there.
The lid is Porcelain-enameled with aluminum endcaps which is a trademark with Weber brand grills. The frame is made of steel and quality cast iron cooking grates. The Porcelain-enamel material will prevent the grill from cracking or rusting while its working and can resist tough weather. Though you would want to protect it with a grill cover when not being used.
The Weber Spirit models were to be more affordable than its alternate Genesis grill series (about $150 more). In order to do so, the Spirit grills were made smaller and with a notch lower grade in the stainless steel and produced in China. I have to say aside from size and slight design upgrades, the performance is comparable so this review would be consistent with most Weber gas grills.
Weber Spirit S-320 Review Final Thoughts
I am your avid griller and will always find reasons to fire up the grill in the summertime. Having owned several gas grills, I find the Weber brand to be in the top echelon compared to its competitors and any Weber Spirit model is a very strong buy. If cost is an issue, Weber’s Spirit brand should be what you need. Even as much as I grill, I don’t really use all the bells and whistles that come with the other grills at the same price range as the Weber Spirit brand whose more conservative. Most importantly, this is a great barbecue grill, that is very versatile. We have cooked many bbq steak, grilling steak and is an excellent kabob grill.
Therefore, TGR Review gives the Weber Spirit brand 5 out of 5 stars rating.
Check out these other Weber Gas Grill
Check out these other Grill options
Other Articles You Might Be Interested In
- Dying Trees and how to save them!
- Sun Joe 14 in. 28-Volt Battery Walk Behind Push Mower Review
- Types of Teas and their Health Benefits
- Busted pipes from Frozen Water lines
- How to Program Clicker Klik1U Universal 2-Button Garage Door Opener remote (LIFTMASTER)
- Animals Hiding Under Shed
- Cellucor C4 Ripped Preworkout Powder Energy Review
- BEYOND RAW® LIT™ Review
- Ironmaster Super Bench Adjustable Bench – REVIEW
- Dynamic “Luxury” 2 Person Low EMF FAR Infrared Sauna – REVIEW
- NEXGRILL Deluxe 6-Burner Gas Grill REVIEW
- Fathers Day Gift Ideas in 2021
- Troy-Bilt STORM 2410 Snow Blower REVIEW
- 2020 Best Swimming Pool Intex and Bestway
- Bestway Rectangular Steel Pro Swimming Pool Review
- Coronavirus shopping list for everyone!